Can you send an email in Outlook? Retracting an email can be done through the system, but it is up to the developer. Email service is part of my life, where I do most of the professional conversations. I’m not perfect and I make mistakes in messages, and this can lead to embarrassment. Email return is an important feature for those who make small mistakes and edit that part.
Is it possible to unsend email in Outlook?
Microsoft added an option to recall emails and it is limited in many ways. This is only available in a Microsoft Exchange account.
Regular outlook account Not an advanced feature because Microsoft is selling it in a professional package.
Your company or school will subscribe to a premium service called Microsoft Exchange Server. You will be given an email account on the Exchange server. The withdraw option is only available in company and school networks and is connected to Microsoft Exchange Server.
Also, it will not work on servers that have “Azure Information Security“Enabled. Still, you can take a roundabout method to delete emails from Outlook inbox.
How to Retrieve Emails in Outlook on PC?
The world has started working online, and millions of people are using desktops or laptops every day. Sending and receiving email from PC is very common as it is convenient and maximum support. Outlook is a web-based client, and this is how it started in the early days.
- Go to the official site and click on “sign in“Button.
- Enter your email address and password and then click “next” To continue.
- Let the dashboard load and click onsent items” To continue.
- Tap on the three-dot settings and then tap on “.delete“Button.
- The email will end up in the junk.
Outlook email is removed from the account. Be sure to delete what’s left in the Junk folder if you don’t plan on recovering it.
How to Recall Emails in Outlook on Smartphone?
I’ve always found dedicated email apps useful for quickly reading new messages from customers or clients. Answering them on a smartphone is a different story, but it’s actually a comfort thing.
- Open the app and tap onadd account,
- Enter an email address, and then tap “Add Account.”
- Enter the password and then tap on “sign in,
- You are redirected to the dashboard and tap on your profile icon.
- choose “sent“Folder from the menu.
- Select the email you want to delete.
- Tap on the trash can button in the top right.
- Email” has been dumped indeleted“folder.
In case, if you don’t want to leave traces or backup, you can delete the email permanently”deleted“folder. Outlook will automatically delete the remnants after 14 days, so you can leave them on a Microsoft service.
How to Unsend Email in Microsoft Exchange Account?
If you have an organization account with a Microsoft Exchange account, you can recall the email and make changes to it. The Redmond based company is providing the service to premium users only and it is available only in MS Exchange service.
- Open Microsoft Outlook dedicated program in Windows or Mac.
- Click on “sent itemsFolder located in the main menu.
- Double-click to open the email.
- Click on “file” to reveal more options.
- Tap onresend and remember” the option.
- choose “remember this message” the option.
- There will be two options on the screen in front of you and choose one.
- Delete unread copies of this message,
- Delete unread copies and replace them with a new message.
- Click on “Tell me if the recall succeeds or fails for each recipient”, so that you can keep track of it.
- Click on “OkTo end the process.
Unfortunately, the regular Outlook app and web-based applications do not have this feature. Only paying Exchange and 365 users can use this recall feature and this is one of the selling points of the service.
What you need to know about not sending emails in Outlook?
There are a few things you need to know before you start.
- There is no such feature from Microsoft which can recall email in regular Outlook.
- You need Exchange or 365 accounts to retrieve email as this is a premium feature.
- There is no way to retrieve read emails, and that’s why Microsoft notifies whether the operation was successful or failed.
- I’ve double-checked in the dedicated email app, and found the No Recall or Withdraw option.
It would have been a blessing if Microsoft added the option to retract the email, but it is what it is. We cannot blame the company for not offering such option as it is not available on other platforms.
You can do this sent messages Or email in Outlook with Exchange or 365 accounts. Microsoft bundles a dedicated Outlook program for Windows and macOS, and that’s where you can access this feature and recall emails. The advanced feature may or may not work as it also requires the support of other email service providers.