It can be frustrating when your Apple Watch doesn't receive notifications. This means that you are going to miss your WhatsApp alerts, emails, phone calls and more. So, the question is, how to fix Apple Watch not receiving notifications?
Well, Apple Watch not receiving notifications is one of the common issues. There are many reasons for the problem to arise.
Luckily, a little tweak here and there can help you get rid of the error. And in this blog post, I am going to mention all the solutions that you can try.
Why is my Apple Watch not receiving any notifications?
There are many reasons why your Apple Watch is not receiving any notification. Some common reasons are:
- If you are using your phone continuously then you will not get any notification. Plus, you only get notifications when your Apple Watch is unlocked.
- If you recently upgraded your iPhone's iOS version or Watch OS, there may be sync issues. So make sure to sync your Apple Watch and iPhone again.
- If you have enabled Do Not Disturb mode, you will not get any alerts on your Apple Watch.
- You won't get a notification if you're not wearing your Apple Watch. But if it isn't, the wrist detection feature can pose a problem. So try disabling it.
How to solve Apple Watch not getting notifications issue?
Reboot your Apple Watch
A simple restart can put an end to many problems. So before you get into any difficult troubleshooting methods, try rebooting your Apple Watch.
Rebooting Apple Watch is very easy. And if you don't know how to do it, try to follow the steps:
- Firstly, press and hold the Side button.
- Soon you will see a red colored slide.
- Slide the slider, and your Apple Watch will turn off.
- Now press and hold the side button until see apple logo,
That's all. Your Apple Watch has been rebooted successfully. Also, try rebooting your iPhone too and see if you still face the same problem.
Make sure your notification settings are configured correctly
You should also check your Apple Watch notification settings and make sure everything is fine. To check them, follow the steps given below.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Now tap on one of the inbuilt apps like Activity.
- Lastly, make sure that Notification is checked.
- Do the same with all the other apps and see if everything is in its place.
Also, for third-party apps like WhatsApp, make sure you have the Mirror iPhone Alert From feature enabled.
Check if iPhone is Paired with Apple Watch
The next thing you should check is whether your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone. Checking whether both the devices are connected or not is extremely easy.
- First, touch and hold the bottom of your Apple Watch screen.
- Swipe up to open Control Center.
- Now check the connected status icon here.
If your Apple Watch isn't connected, pair it. Or if it's already paired, disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone and re-pair both devices and see if that works.
check your network connection
Make sure that the Internet is working properly on your iPhone. If your internet is down, you might not be getting any notification on your iPhone. Hence, it is not getting alerted on your Apple Watch as well.
Turn off when DND feature is on
Do not disturb feature ensures that you are not disturbed by any notification. Or when you want to avoid notifications and focus on your work.
However, you should know that you will not get any notification on your Apple watch when DND mode is enabled. So, make sure that your Apple Watch is not on DND mode.
To check and disable it, you need to follow these steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom to open Control Center on your Apple Watch screen.
- Now make sure the moon sign is not purple. If so, tap on the icon to disable Do not disturb mode.
Once done, check if it works for you or you are still having trouble with Apple Watch not getting notifications issue.
turn off wrist detection
If wrist detection is turned on, you'll only get notifications when Apple knows you're wearing a watch. However, sometimes the feature doesn't work the way it should. So, you can try to disable the feature and check if it works or not.
To turn off the feature, you need to follow the steps below:
- Launch the Watch app from your iPhone.
- Scroll down till you see Passcode option and tap on it.
- Lastly, turn off the wrist detection feature.
Now, wait for any notification to appear and see if your Apple Watch alerts you.
Update Your Apple Watch and iPhone with the Latest Software
There may be a bug in your Apple Watch or iPhone that does not allow your watch to receive any notifications. And hopefully, Apple has already addressed the issue and rolled out a fix with an OS update.
So check if there is an update available for your Apple Watch or iPhone and install it.
Contact Apple Support Team or Visit the Nearest Store
If, in the end, nothing works for you, you try contacting the Apple Support team. Be sure to reach them using the Apple Support Portal. Or you can visit your nearest Apple Store to get more help.
So those were some fixes for your problem that how to fix Apple watch not receiving notifications. Now go ahead and try following the above methods and see if they help you any more. Also, if you run into anything, do let me know by commenting.