When it comes to iPhones, the customization options are limited. That aside, hiding apps takes a few taps on Android. But the same does not go with the iPhone. In fact, on iPhone, there is no way to hide apps. But don't worry, as there are tons of options that allow you to hide an app or keep it out of your sight. So, the question is, how to hide apps on iPhone?
Well, in this article, I am going to share some methods that will allow you to easily hide apps on your iPhone.
Hide iOS Apps Using Folders
Hiding apps inside a folder is the easiest way to hide apps on iPhone. However, unlike Android, it doesn't actually make the app disappear. But it certainly keeps them out of your sight, and the app won't be easy to recognize. To create a folder on your iPhone's home screen, follow the steps below:
- Long press on an empty area on your iPhone's home screen, and soon your apps will start moving.
- Now, tap on the app you want to hide and drag it to another app. This will put both the apps in one folder.
- You can add as many apps as you want inside a folder.
- Once done, just tap on the Done button from the top right corner, and you're done.
Tip: Add a group of apps to the same folder. This will hide your incognito app in another menu.
hide iphone using app library
A good way to hide an app is to remove it from your home screen. This won't actually hide the app, but it will move the app from the home screen to the app library.
For this follow the steps given below:
- First, long press the app you want to hide.
- Tap Remove App.
- Finally, select Remove from Home Screen, and it will remove the app from the Home Screen.
While the app has been removed from your home screen, you can still access it by going to the App Library.
Hide Apps from Search Results on iPhone and iPad
On an iPhone, apps can be accessed by searching. But you can choose not to access the apps through search. To disable Show App in Search, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and tap on Siri & Search.
- Scroll down, and you'll find all the installed apps on your iPhone.
- Now, look for the app you want to hide and click on it.
- Lastly, toggle off Show app in search and Show content in search.
Hide Apps Purchase History from iOS App Store
If you have Family Sharing enabled, your family members can see what apps you're downloading or purchasing.
But if there are some apps you want to keep private, you can hide them from your App Store purchases. For this you have to follow the steps given below:
- Launch App Store from your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile icon from the top right corner.
- Go to Purchased.
- Look for the app you want to hide.
- Swiping left on the app will show you a hide button. Tap on the app to hide it.
- Tap Done to exit the menu.
That's all. The app is now hidden from your App Store purchases. To unhide the app, you need to tap on your profile picture again on the app. After that, scroll down, and you will find the option of Hidden Purchases.
Hiding apps on iPhone is definitely a challenge as there is no feature for it in iPhone. But I hope the above methods will help you in your query. If you run into anything, leave a comment below, and I'll help you out.